Metal Products #2C-100-A Specifications
- Bore Dia.: 1 in
- Material: Aluminum
- Number of Pieces: 2
- Collar Style: Clamp
- Outside Dia.: 1 3/4 in
- Dimension Type: Inch
- Width: 1/2 in
- Screw Size: 1/4″-28 x 5/8″
- Operating Temp. Range: -40 Degrees to 220 Degrees F
- Clearance Dia.: 2.062 in
- Screw Material: Steel
- Item – Shaft Collars: Shaft Collar
- Shaft Locking Type – Couplings: 2-Piece Clamp
- Bore Type – Collars: Plain Bore
- Material – Collars: Aluminum
- System of Measurement: Inch
- Item: Shaft Collar
How Does the Shaft Collar Work?
A collar is a small mechanical fastener that goes around a shaft or rod and serves various functions. They are used, for example, as spacer elements on flagpoles and for securing sprockets and gears to shafts. They can also be used as stops in drive trains. They are used in various applications and are very useful.
There are many different types of collars, each with its own advantages. For example, clip-on collars work really well with fairly constant pressure. They are available in one-piece shaft collars and two-piece shaft collars versions. However, the two-piece shaft collar version offers greater holding power and resistance to shock loads.